Languages- There are about seven languages spoken in Hyrule:
- Hyrulean- A standard language of everyone in Hyrule. It is similar very close to English. Some say you know three languages when you are in Hyrule, this is one of them.
- Fairian- The language spoken among the fairies. This language is only used about secret things since the fairies are the only ones who can speak it.
- Magical- Used by the magicians of Calatia and of the Shiekah and Hylians in Hyrule. It is used for magical spells.
- Zoran- The language of the Zoras and Zolas. It is used for military purposes to keep code. It is similar to Gorian.
- Gorian- The language of the Gorons. The language was lost when the race died out but was found again when Hylian scientists found a Kokiri boy who could speak it.
- Dark Tongue- Used by Ganon and his minions. They are the only ones who can speak it.
The Hyrulean Military- The Hyrulean Military is the most vital part of the culture of Hyrule. Hyrule is famous in all lands for its strong military. It is divided into several parts:
- Hyrulean Army Division- The troops of Hyrule. Made of four divisions: Shiekah, Zora, Gerudo, and Hylian.
- Hylian Guard- The troops of the Hylian Castle. They are mainly concerned with guarding the Royal Family.
- Triforce Guard- A subdivision of the Hylian Guard. They are concerned with guarding the sages and the entrance to the Golden Land. They hold a very difficult task but are the Elite Forces.
- Hyrulean Naval Division- The fleets of Hyrule are famous. They conquered Olmor and the Island of Legot facing the invincible Fairy Army.
- Hyrulean Magic Division- The Shiekah and magicians make up the Magical Army Division.
Races- The diverse cultures of Hyrule split into human, fish, rock, and fairy.
- Human- Human is split even further into four races: the Hylian, the Gerudo, the Shiekah, and the Kokiri. The Hylians rose above all the human races and the others. They hold law, the throne, government, they are blessed with telepathic power, advance hearing, and amazing artistic and work methods. The Gerudo are a thieving clan where a man is born only every 100 years. They inhabit the desert and have a distant temple in the wasteland. They possess great fighting ability and strength and some have magical powers. The Shiekah are part shadow. They dwell in the shade of the mighty Death Mountain. They are all but extinct since the Imprisoning War. They possess magic and great fighting ability. The Kokiri inhabit the forests and are eternal living. The great powers of the forest keep them young. They have wonderful building skill, as well as a caring for the flora and fauna of Hyrule though they have never left the forest.
- Rock- The Gorons evolved from the rock race. They live in a small city in Death Mountain. They have great power and strength. They aid the Hylians in times of war with special tunics and bomb flowers.
- Fish- the half-fish, half-human race of the Zora evolved from the fish. The Zora have great swimming power but are also very powerful on land. They also aid the Hylians and very faithfully.
- Fairy- the small fairies, who also possess flying and magical abilities, protect the sky and the fields of Hyrule. They are small but well represented.
Update- The many cultures of Hyrule have changed.
- There are now two human races: humans and Hylians. The humans are held in lower regard as they were not discovered until later. They are slightly shorter than Hylians but are just as smart. The Hylians still are the main government and power in Hyrule. The Shiekah have all died out. The Kokiri was later burned down and the Kokiri were adopted by Hylians and Humans. If a human or Hylian child were to have green hair it is said they still have Kokiri blood in them. The Kokiri aged more slowly than any others in Hylia. The Gerudo too were lost and faded into the Hylian race. If you have red hair and fairly dark skin you are considered to be a great fighter as the Gerudos were. The race was soon to be known as GeruLian. A few times, a Hylian man and a Gerudo woman adopted a Kokiri child. This rare occasion became known as KokiGeruLian. The offspring of this, as they had to marry either a human, hylian, gerudo, half-human, etc., was very odd. Later, Hylians became a rare breed and the many mixes became known only as Human.
- The Rock race of the Gorons died out and their Death Mountain Home destroyed.
- The Zora lived into the rustic years of Hyrule. They despised other races for they were harassed much over their lifetime. They lived in the waterways and shot away intruders. The Zora soon split into Zora (male) and Zola (female)
- The fairies lived forever as they were a race straight from a god, Sefilar.
This is an UNOFFICIAL site and is in no way supported by Nintendo. The Legend of Zelda™, Link, Princess Zelda, Ganon and other related characters belong to Nintendo. The images and information on these pages are purely for entertainment value only
This page was created by Juliet A. Singleton © 2003. All rights reserved.